Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eisley and links to astound and amuse


Tomorrow I am going to see Eisley at Great American Music Hall for the San Francisco leg of their spring tour. I am excited. I am also sitting here with a big grin on my face because the album "Future Shock" by a band that is new to me, Dejavoo, is kicking my ass. Great, great tracks with creative samples, lots of energy, and infectious sonic noodling. Highlights as I listen to it a second time through are VERSOTRAN "The only choice...the only choice...the only choice", WAITING, A STORY, FUTURE SHOCK, and LOUD & NASTY. All available here among other places....I'm glad to see Transient is still releasing excellent music after sooooo many years. Keep it coming.

UPDATE: My cousin's wife's family in Myanmar all survived the cyclone, although it destroyed the roof on their home and did a lot of damage to their property. Things are pretty bad for many of the people in the area right now, obviously. Keep all those people and those affected by the China earthquake in your prayers if you are the praying kind.

Newspaper Blackout Poetry not a new form as it is derivative of large scale works like Radi Os by Ronald Johnson or A Humument by Tom Phillips, who in his turn was borrowing from the techniques of William S. Burroughs , but it is certainly interesting and the results please me. I might try this style myself as a creative exercise.

Just WOW....
More by Mark Osborne with a great track by New Order backing it. I love stuff like this.

Definitely ODD but captivating at the same time....

A short flash puzzle game.
And the sequel. You can only play the first chapter for free, though. Simple point and click interface, but I love the settings and the rather obvious influence of the Czech design team's namesake on the overall feel of the game.

No comments: