Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good news everyone!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

Unfortunately, the above quote is coming truer and truer as the days go by. The truly sad aspect of this is that people seem unaware and unconcerned that the principles that have made this country great have been severely eroded and we may not ever get them back.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I consider myself religious and conservative, but I do NOT believe either of those things give me any right to force others into my view points. My brother has a sign on the back of his truck, which says "Keep Church and State Separate" and it is something I wholeheartedly agree with. The religious right is far scarier to me than the extremists on the liberal side.

Here are some links I found particularly informative recently, first on where the presidential candidates stand on a number of issues, then an overview of the subprime/investment debacle that will get worse before it gets better.

Link #1

Link #2

While this outlook on the world may seem grim, I do hold tight to my belief that God does have an ultimate plan for the universe and IT IS GOOD. And with that, I'll leave you with two of last weeks panels from "Garfield Without Garfield":



No comments: