Wednesday, April 23, 2008

As part of my preparation for traveling around the world, I'm going to be doing some backpacking over the next few months and Havasupai, AZ is my stop this week. I really enjoyed visiting the Supai several years ago in the fall and look forward to the differences the spring season will have. We are going with a much larger group this time - 20 souls all told - many I know nothing about, so that will keep things interesting. It will also be good to see how much (if anything) has changed since the Japanese tourist was murdered there a month after we left last time. A sad story, but one Gabe and I will need to keep in mind over the next couple years.

Here are a few pics of Mooney and Havasu Falls and the trail head....and I'll post my own when I get back next week.




No comments: