Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Signing up for stuff....

Well, the last couple days have been interesting. Homeownership has some great tax advantages. I found another way to adjust my taxes and double my refund, which is both good and bad. Good in that I get A LOT back and that is always nice, but bad in that it means I've given the government a substantial interest free loan for the past year. So I need to adjust my payroll deductions to tighten that up. Tonight bocce season starts for the Calistoga Ranch team and I have to find out if league rules would prohibit me from playing for a second team that is recruiting me (and I really enjoyed playing with that group of people in the past). I think the only issues would the rarity of playing against yourself during the playoffs and maybe fairness in that they would like as many people as possible to have a chance to play. A few people at work are also planning carpooling down to the Bay To Breakers next month, so I've signed up to do that. It has been a fun event the other times I have run it, whether in costume or not. And I picked up a ticket for the Eisley concert at GAMH next month. I've missed them twice in SF and could have seen them at Sundance this year if I had stayed an extra day, but it was not to be. So now I will get my chance and it kind of makes me very happy (I made a funny). I also got contacted by some classmates wondering about our 15th high school reunion coming up in May. I'm looking forward to it.

This link is mostly for Lisa's benefit: Wonderful Airport Runways. You'll have to be our tour guide when we get there in spring 2010.

After the stress of getting our March financial package out yesterday, this went around the office.

Well the balls are calling me....

No comments: