Monday, June 30, 2008

Why, oh why, don't they make music videos like they used to?

Literature's "New Classics" from the past twenty-five years per what I consider a questionable source. I will temper that by saying I do own and/or have read 13 of the books on the list and could be missing out tremendously, but I have no shortage of books to wade through as it is. I'll post some brief reviews of the books I finished reading in the last couple weeks shortly.

Two pieces about the current Precious Snowflake (or * as they are known in some circles) culture: One Two. As a person with serious doubts about ever having children of my own, these certainly do not help persuade me to think otherwise. Spending time with my niece and nephew on the other hand does make me think what if? at least a little.

And an interesting comparison of Lincoln and Darwin and their significance to the world today.

No comments: