Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tonight I am dj'ing for the first time in quite a while at a party in Riverside. The party is called Psyberia and I'll get a flyer scanned in if I can manage to get one. I probably should be more nervous than I am, but I'm comfortable with the music I have with me and never like to plan out more than five tracks into a set anyway. Otherwise, you can not really react if the crowd (used loosely in conjunction with most of the parties I play at) is not picking up what you are putting down. We are heading over to the space in a couple hours to see how things are going. Broadkaster and Dust have both been practicing this morning and it should be a fun evening.

Josh and I had a safe drive down to Lala Land with slight hiccups via an unscheduled detour in Brentwood and fog on the Grapevine. Josh even overcame his anxiety and was able to keep the cruise control on 80 during his shift just before Bakersfield. I don't know if my car will be making too many more trips like this, but it has been a faithful companion on many adventures.

No comments: