Friday, August 1, 2008

One of those "Only in America" things

Only in America can an article about how families are struggling to buy food for their families in these trying economic times be accompanied by this picture. Do not enlarge. I almost wonder if this is a put-on by NPR because while I am sure this is becoming a real issue for many in this country, using this family as their example makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Today happens to be Switzerland's independence day. It also, happens to be the birthday of my friends Scott A., Richard G., Becky C. and coworker Brenda S. There have been a number of other birthdays recently and I am caked out. I did want to throw out an old favorite, the cake patrol:
Triple (size) crown coming right up.

"This is your birthday song
It isn't very long.

This is the second verse.
It is just like the first."

Happy Birthday, all of you!

No comments: