Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving well wishes to everyone

All day long we have watched the fog bank ebb and flow, never quite engulfing our house on the ridge. Now that the sun is setting the fog will be victorious and take the ridge for the night. The banquet of food has been decimated by fourteen hungry people and we are looking at slides from the 80's and some are groggily lounging on the couches. Soon, I'll be heading to Roseville for the second round and to help Scott and Donica move into their newly purchased home. So as I sneak away for a few minutes here and contemplate how much I have been blessed in my life, I also have to pay close attention to what is happening out there in the rest of the world. Two of the places I will be spending almost 5 months over the next two years are in turmoil.

Anti government protestors hoping for the ouster of the current Prime Minister in Thailand.

India's Muslims in Crisis: The Attacks in Mumbai

Even if the world is hemorrhaging towards an apocalypse, I still have VERY much to be thankful for and God continues to give me peace.

No comments: