Monday, November 17, 2008

Why Obama and McCain Need Each Other is a brief article that to me marks a very good sign. The less partisan polarization the better and if these two can work together reasonably, I do believe it will set a good example for the rest of our elected officials.

I guess I'm missing out on the creation of 'Generation O', or as the headline says "Change you can conceive in". Not that it wasn't mentioned to me. I got a text the night of the election that put it rather bluntly: "Obama won, F@#$ a black chick to celebrate." It was offensive that this friend of mine would think that was acceptable or funny to me. It appears that Obama is the new Chuck Norris. Some of his feats I have been alerted to recently:
1)Obama can divide by zero
2)The science community is releasing an updated periodic table of elements. It will consist of only two elements: Baraktanium and Obamanesium.
3)Obama can believe its not butter.
4)Obama can build a snowman out of water.
4)There is no "Ctrl" button on Barack Obama's keyboard. Barack Obama is always in control.

This swoon is going to have unpleasant side-effects the moment he doesn't lead us all to Candy Mountain. But til then we can hope.

I'm sure most of you in the Angwin area are aware, but this story has actually gotten nationwide press. I do not know all the details, but from reading multiple articles and speaking with my aunt and uncle who teach at the school, I feel I have a pretty good idea and it is sad all around. ne thing that I have not heard mentioned much is that as bad as it is for the families of the four and the other drivers, it is also a scarring event for the emergency responders. I had a good friend in college who had worked as an EMT and never fully dealt with the trauma of responding to some accidents involving children. It ultimately resulted in his suicide.

No comments: